The read-only permission report displays the access rights to projects for each explicit user and a list of assigned projects for each user group. This document provides an overview of the permission report and its features.
Note: Only company Supervisors can access the permission report from the company page.
Accessing the Permission Report
In the Portal, open your company page by clicking your company name or logo. Then click the "Permissions Report" link in the left-hand panel of the page.
Viewing the Permission Report
The permission report is divided into separate sections for groups and explicit users. Each section includes summary tables for its accounts with information on their various permission levels.
User Type Sections
The explicit users section contains summary tables for each user that has been added directly to a project. It excludes users that are only included on projects as part of a group. Each explicit user will have the following information displayed for their account:
Note: All summary tables will appear grayed out for deactivated users.
1. User Summary: Displays the account details for each user within the company that has explicit user permissions.
- user id: The numeric ID associated with each user account.
- email: The user's email address, as supplied by the account supervisor.
- name: The user's name.
- company: The company name.
- creator?: Confirms whether the user is able to create projects within the portal. Can be "yes" or "no".
- status: The user's current account status. Can be "ok" or "disabled". Additionally, displays whether the user is a supervisor (e.g., "ok supervisor") or FV staff member (e.g., "ok staff").
- last login: Displays the location (ip address) and date of the last time the user logged into the portal.
Note: Explicit users who don't have access to projects will have only their user summary table displayed.
2. Path: Lists links for projects which the user has been added to. You can click a project link to run the standard report for that survey.
3. Explicit Survey Permissions: Shows a breakdown of the permission levels the user has for each feature in a survey, along with the survey title, permission granter, issue date, and group (if relevant). The features and permission levels are described in the tables below.
The groups section contains summary tables for user groups that have been added to projects. Each group will have the following information displayed for its account:
1. Group Summary: Displays a quick summary of all groups added to the company, with the following details listed per group:
- ID: The numeric ID associated with each user group.
- Group name: The name of the group, as supplied by the group creator.
- #surveys: The total number of surveys each group has been assigned to.
- #users: The total number of users assigned within each group.
Note: Deactivated users and those who don't have access to projects will have only their user summary table displayed. Additionally, the summary tables for deactivated users will appear grayed out.
2. Path: Lists links for projects which each group has been added to. You can click a project link to run the standard report for that survey.
3. Explicit Survey Permissions: Shows a breakdown of the permission levels each group has for each feature in a survey. The features and permission levels are described in the tables below.
Note: If you need to drill down on specific users in a group, use the user groups tab available on the company page.
The table below lists all of the features available to users and user groups within the portal and provides a short description of each:
|survey||Authoring or testing|
|data||Data editor or layout manager|
|field||Field tracking, such as quota management|
|admin||Company features and user management|
|campaign||Email campaign setup and deployment|
|dashboard||Visual reporting dashboard|
|themeEditor||Survey theme editor|
|offline||Offline survey application (web browser or mobile app)|
|other||Bespoke features on "as developed" basis|
The table below lists all of the permission levels available to users and user groups within the portal and provides a short description of each:
|2||Edit access. This allows survey editing tools but no survey authoring access|
|3||Access to the survey authoring tool on the survey only.|