The "Drop-outs" tab is available for every project. It allows you to quickly identify possible issues by calculating the drop-out rate for each question. Terminated participants are not included in the calculation.
1: Viewing the Drop-Outs Tab
Each column of the “Drop-Outs” tab is described below:
- Page: Contains a clickable link that takes you directly to view each survey page.If a page states "None," it is likely representing a hidden question or variable.
- Question: Displays the text of the first question on that specific page.
- Completed (Total): Displays the calculation of those that finished each page divided by the number that viewed the page (excluding terminates). This is also represented as a percentage that completed the page.
Note: In surveys without
delphi="1", the following changes may alter page data:
- Adding new page breaks (
- Moving questions between pages.
- Adding elements that contain implicit page breaks (e.g.,
2: Special Considerations
2.1: Page Events Report
For surveys with
delphi="1", you can click each page cell to view a page events report. The page events report contains the following page event values for each survey participant:
- uuid: The participant’s unique record identifier.
- label: The page label registered for the event.
- secs: The number of seconds (a floating point number) the participant spent on the page before submitting it. If blank, the participant loaded the page but did not submit it.
- tstamp: The time the event occurred.
- dcua: The participant’s dcua identifier at the time the page was loaded. This can be used to detect device changes throughout the survey.
- flags: Single character flags recorded during page loading events:
- E -- There was a validation error, so the submitted page was redisplayed.
- R -- The page was shown by restoring the participant using autosave.
- N -- The survey was restarted from scratch after using autosave.