Users can connect their Salesforce account to their Forsta Surveys account to use in an email campaign. The email campaign can import a Salesforce report or campaign as a recipient list.
1: Preparing for the Forsta Surveys-Salesforce Integration
Prior to connecting your Forsta Surveys and Salesforce accounts, complete the following three tasks within Salesforce.
- Identify the Salesforce login credentials to be used for the integration.
- These can be the credentials for an existing account, or an account can be created specifically for the integration.
- The permissions set for these credentials will determine which reports and campaigns will be visible to Email Campaigns users in Forsta Surveys.
- Identify the Salesforce folder containing the reports to be used in Forsta Surveys.
Note: The default folder will be “Public Reports” if you do not choose a different folder.
Note: Choose a primary folder. Reports located in subfolders within the primary folder will also be available for use.
Note: Salesforce campaigns available to your user will automatically be displayed, regardless of folder selection.
- Create and/or place the desired reports in the folder identified in step 2.
- Reports should be in tabular form and include recipients’ email addresses.
2: Connecting Your Forsta Surveys and Salesforce Accounts
To integrate your Forsta Surveys and Salesforce accounts, access the Company Page in Forsta Surveys. Click Salesforce under Integration Settings.
Note: The above image shows a company with an integration already set up, but you will likely have none listed initially.
Note: If you do not see the Integration Settings > Salesforce option, please contact your Forsta account representative or our Helpdesk Support.
Select a connection type from the drop-down menu, then click Go. You may choose to connect with a production account or a sandbox account.
You will be directed to the Salesforce login page. Input the Salesforce login credentials to be used for this integration, then click Log In.
A confirmation screen appears. Confirm access to the account by clicking Allow.
You will be returned to the Forsta Surveys Salesforce integration page, where the Salesforce Account Details modal will appear. Select a folder, add a Description, and click Confirm.
Note: The default folder is “Public Reports”.
Note: Reports located in subfolders within the primary folder will also be available.
Note: The folder names displayed in Surveys may not match exactly with the corresponding folder names in Salesforce.